Marines, civil service, and contractor personnel with a NIPR computer account are required to verify and update their official contact information populated in the eMNS by information found in the Global Address List (GAL). NIPR computer users are encouraged to register personal contact information. Mission essential personnel, who are subject to recall, are required to provide all available contact methods in order of priority.
Entering this personal information enhances Marine Corps Installations’ ability to rapidly provide emergency information and changes to the base’s operating status during non-working hours and when you are away from your desk. A family member’s contact information may also be input. During registration, NIPR computer users are able to confirm that their information is correct and choose how they wish to be notified during an emergency by clicking on the AtHoc Client (Globe) and choosing “Access Self Service”. Though only those with usmc.mil email accounts can self-register to receive alerts, installations work with affected commands and tenants to manually enter key leaders and on-base personnel into the system they can in turn notify personnel within their organization in the event of an emergency.
Register for eMNS
- Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN) NIPR users—Right click on the white Globe icon in the bottom right corner of your desktop. It is often located in the App Tray. If you do not see the icon, click the chevron (^) on the lower toolbar to reveal hidden icons.
- Select “Access Self Service.”
- Select "Acknowledge" at the bottom of the disclosure statement.
- When prompted, select your appropriate CAC (PIV) Certificate (it will contain the word “Authentication”). Click “OK.”
- Select "My Profile" at the top of the self-service page. Notice at the top the page is your name and organization that your profile is linked to. If this is the wrong organization, click the gray "Move to Organization" button, which opens a dropdown menu to select the correct organization. Select the correct organization. Click "OK."
- Select "Edit" to continue editing your personal information. This should include your work phone number, work email address, and all other information requested.
- Under "Basic Information," find "Organizational Hierarchy" and click "Select." Select your position/ location within your organization. Click "Apply." Note: For OCONUS Users, follow the detailed instructions for entering device data contained on the device tab.
- Click “Save.”
- Update your profile any time you have a change.